Upgrade Simulator

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Upgrade Simulator

I suggest adding an upgrade simulator to the game, why?
      Because this way people and new players will become better at upgrading and understand it in a better way.
      You could use tincs/sere/masters/2.5 sere.
      It also would be fun ya know, instead of wondering around markut you could just upgrade stuff.
      To those who dont understand it will be just for entertainment cause its luck like poker it is challenging to make a high +, but it would be only a simulator.
      For example you could have 1 tincs 1 sere 1 2.5 sere and 1 master and u could upgrade all day 4fun, they wouldnt disappear incase of fail, the item will go down to its original level when you are done and walk away from the NPC.

EDIT : You should also have the option to prevent the item from going down 1 or 2 levels and always keep it the same + so you can know how hard or easy it is to upgrade from that specific level and how many times are needed etc... , it will be like the training tool in league of legends and many more

What do you think of this? Would you like a simulator that would help you learn to upgrade better? I think it would be really cool!
      Geralt Of Rivia , Withcer.. with tenure
    • SlaveToTheRhythm wrote:

iomatix wrote:

Okay so gimme 1-2 hours x'D environment has to get ready!

It'll be a windows app (if will need it I'll rewrite it to JAVA and should work on MAC OS and Linux too) :o
      =O
      I need chances to upgrade at this thread and I also needs % chance to get +1 , +2 , +3 from master formulas >->

Edit:
      Just started coding but have to go out at +- 1 hour, so I will upload it tommorow or at Saturday ! :o
      Images
      • Bez tytułu.png

35.65 kB, 1,260×666, viewed 349 times

The post was edited 2 times, last by iomatix ().

• WalkingArcher wrote:

Because this way people and new players will become better at upgrading and understand it in a better way.
      It also would be fun ya know, instead of wondering around markut you could just upgrade stuff.
      To those who dont understand it will be just for entertainment cause its luck like poker it is challenging to make a high +, but it would be only a simulator.
      For example you could have 1 tincs 1 sere 1 2.5 sere and 1 master and u could upgrade all day 4fun, they wouldnt disappear incase of fail, the item will go down to its original level when you are done and walk away from the NPC.

EDIT : You should also have the option to prevent the item from going down 1 or 2 levels and always keep it the same + so you can know how hard or easy it is to upgrade from that specific level and how many times are needed etc... , it will be like the training tool in league of legends and many more

What do you think of this? Would you like a simulator that would help you learn to upgrade better? I think it would be really cool!
      how do you want to become better at something that is purely luck based?
    • Navarro wrote:

WalkingArcher wrote:

He wants to have some fun I think
    • iomatix wrote:

Navarro wrote:

WalkingArcher wrote:

He wants to have some fun I think
      yes but the simulation will not make you get better at something that is based on luck
    • I know it might appear appealing to some but I think it would take the tension of upgrading or even make people upset if they dont succeed at real upping like they do at simulating it...
      I earned personal experience from such simulators and even though upgrading is not completely luck-based, I dont really believe it would be a huge help to new players. ;)
      New Idea: how about (forum)guides implemented into the game for everyone to look up at any time? like a small handbook of wisdom :P
    • 0 - 100%
      1 - 100%
      2 - 100%
      3 - 100%
      4 - 100%
      5 - 100%
      6 - 100%
      7 - 100%
      8 - 91%
      9 - 80%
      10 - 50%
      11 - 65%
      12 - 15%
      13 - 35%
      14 - 8%
      15 - 10%
      16 - 5%
      17 - 3%
      18 - 3%
      19 - 3%
      20 - 1%
      21 - 2%
      22 - 1%
      23 - 3%
      24 - 0%

I needed that,
      I need also chances from master formula (I'm not sure it's 33,(3)% to get +1, +2,+3) >->
      And how many fortune potions there exist? 100% 150% 2x 2.5x 3x ?
    • Fl0cky wrote:

I know it might appear appealing to some but I think it would take the tension of upgrading or even make people upset if they dont succeed at real upping like they do at simulating it...
      I earned personal experience from such simulators and even though upgrading is not completely luck-based, I dont really believe it would be a huge help to new players. ;)
      New Idea: how about (forum)guides implemented into the game for everyone to look up at any time? like a small handbook of wisdom :P
      It all about lucky, I will keep all ancient % so It should be like on server (When nobody is upgrading) But it's more about free gates x'D
    • Fl0cky wrote:

I know it might appear appealing to some but I think it would take the tension of upgrading or even make people upset if they dont succeed at real upping like they do at simulating it...
      the only thing you can learn from simulations that are based around luck like gambling is when to stop or how to manage your resources. a guide for new players on how they should start upgrading their gear and what to prioritize would be a mutch better help then a simulation
    • iomatix wrote:

Fl0cky wrote:

It all about lucky, I will keep all ancient % so It should be like on server (When nobody is upgrading) But it's more about free gates x'D
      you know, actually, it´s not as if it would hurt somebody right?
      And yes, it can most definetely give you insight on the system and the odds, or just amuse you for a certain time.
      The Question though is: Is this something that´s crucial to the game? I really dont want to hate on you or your intentions and I do not intend to harm you in any way,
      I just dont think that it is too important right now :)

PS: being realistic though, I would definitely try it. For research´s sake of course :whistling:
    • Fl0cky wrote:

iomatix wrote:

Fl0cky wrote:

you know, actually, it´s not as if it would hurt somebody right?And yes, it can most definetely give you insight on the system and the odds, or just amuse you for a certain time.
      The Question though is: Is this something that´s crucial to the game? I really dont want to hate on you or your intentions and I do not intend to harm you in any way,

PS: being realistic though, I would definitely try it. For research´s sake of course :whistling:
      Okaay I know that ^-^, I think about change env to java (I may make gui but to do this I will need GUI pngs from the game :O and buttons etc) :O
    • iomatix wrote:

Fl0cky wrote:

iomatix wrote:

Fl0cky wrote:

you know, actually, it´s not as if it would hurt somebody right?And yes, it can most definetely give you insight on the system and the odds, or just amuse you for a certain time.The Question though is: Is this something that´s crucial to the game? I really dont want to hate on you or your intentions and I do not intend to harm you in any way,

Okaay I know that ^-^, I think about change env to java (I may make gui but to do this I will need GUI pngs from the game :O and buttons etc) :O
      You know your business, I like that, best wishes and good luck with this project!
    • iomatix wrote:

0 - 100%
      1 - 100%
      2 - 100%
      3 - 100%
      4 - 100%
      5 - 100%
      6 - 100%
      7 - 100%
      8 - 91%
      9 - 80%
      10 - 50%
      11 - 65%
      12 - 15%
      13 - 35%
      14 - 8%
      15 - 10%
      16 - 5%
      17 - 3%
      18 - 3%
      19 - 3%
      20 - 1%
      21 - 2%
      22 - 1%
      23 - 3%
      24 - 0%

I needed that,
      I need also chances from master formula (I'm not sure it's 33,(3)% to get +1, +2,+3) >->
      And how many fortune potions there exist? 100% 150% 2x 2.5x 3x ?
      are these the actual 4ancient rates?