Unforgivable, the last farewell

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Unforgivable, the last farewell

Hello fellow comrades,
      after a while I have finally decided to end my 4ancient experience once and for all. And even though current players might not know me at all, I have met several awesome people on this server and I thought at least some of them would deserve an explanation why I had left. The main reason of my departure was yet another loss of my whole equip, actually everything on my account. You may have heard about the controversy in the last month or two with one of the admins of another private server. Yea, somehow our staff could not return me a single green herb after what had happened, closed my ticket and bid me farewell. After my first loss of items during june last year I was pretty sad about it and stopped playing for half a year. I returned around Christmas and farmed lots of hours to get a 21/22 eq. I do not have the energy, nor devotion, to farm stuff third time. In the end, I would like to thank you all for playing with me here, it was a blast. Main thanks to all you guys from Carpe Noctem, that was some awesome time playing an online game. :) I might from time to time check the forum for news to see how you are doing, so do not be mean to yourselves!

The post was edited 1 time, last by Unforgivable ().

• Unforgivable wrote:

Hello fellow comrades,
      after a while I have finally decided to end my 4ancient experience once and for all. And even though current players might not know me at all, I have met several awesome people on this server and I thought at least some of them would deserve an explanation why I had left. The main reason of my departure was yet another loss of my whole equip, actually everything on my account. You may have heard about the controversy in the last month or two with one of the admins of another private server. Yea, somehow our staff could not return me a single green herb after what had happened, closed my ticket and bid me farewell. After my first loss of items during june last year I was pretty sad about it and stopped playing for half a year. I returned around Christmas and farmed lots of hours to get a 21/22 eq. I do not have the energy, nor devotion, to farm stuff third time. In the end, I would like you to thank you all for playing with me here, it was a blast. Main thanks to all you guys from Carpe Noctem, that was some awesome time playing an online game. :) I might from time to time check the forum for news to see how you are doing, so do not be mean to yourselves!
      This what you're describing is literally what happened to me. When I logged into my account month ago it was completely empty he even reseted skills for golds. After I contacted ticket 13.1.2019 they were talking about some guy and that he robbed several accounts but they banned him so I should get my stuff back.

AlbertoCoderITA wrote:

Hello, it results, like many other people that one player accessed your account. This guy accessed many other accounts. We are still investigating, so please have patience. Kind Regards

AlbertoCoderITA wrote:

Ok, so little news. We found the hacker char. We're going to cross every item to every account he's scammed. If he still have those items you'll get them back otherwise it is impossible for us. Kind Regards

I was repetitively contacting them every 2-3 days to ask them about changes but they always responded that only AncientCompiler can find my items and that there is 25gb of daily logs so its hard etc....

AlbertoCoderITA wrote:

Hello, sadly i have no much more details, since i have no access to database and we have 25gb daily of logs, so we have to check on all of them. I think we can track your stuff down. Probably not everything, but i'm positive the majority will be possible.

AlbertoCoderITA wrote:

For the items, nothing changed because only AncientCompiler can look at logs and it's not really easy to check them since we have millions of logs per day.

They explained that roberry to me that I used same credentials on one private server BUT I came back to playing 4s after like a year and a half and I found out that I wasnt even registered on that private server they were talking about. And then I even found out that I was actually using security code so he had to break it and few days later I saw someone here on forum talking about some leak from their database so I counted 2+2 and it was equal to 4 but not for them. But I decided to make a new equipment so I kinda forgot about that. But a few days ago I contacted them again and their response was that:

AlbertoCoderITA wrote:

Hello, i've got bad news. Sadly we could not recover your items. I'm sorry. I can just suggest you to ask for a password change and a mail change. Kind Regards [SGM-IT]AlbertoCode
      I don't know what should I think of that really.
    • Unforgivable wrote:

The main reason of my departure was yet another loss of my whole equip

Delainer wrote:

I saw someone here on forum talking about some leak from their database so

So this is still happening ?

Delainer wrote:

"nothing changed because only AncientCompiler can look at logs"
      That is the same answer we got when one of us was reporting a "casher"

After about 2-3 weeks we got as an answer "this is not enough proof" so it seems like Ancient didnt even have the time to looks a those pictures (not even speaking about the logs)

It's really unfortunate that there is only one person capable of this kind of stuff as it is clearly too much work and a lot of player seem to be suffering from that
      16.1: In the forum it is only allowed to write English.

INTERNATIONAL Server
      ᗜԅ(⇀︿⇀)ᓄ-¤]═────
    • Asera wrote:

Unforgivable wrote:

The main reason of my departure was yet another loss of my whole equip

Delainer wrote:

I saw someone here on forum talking about some leak from their database so
      So this is still happening ?

Delainer wrote:

"nothing changed because only AncientCompiler can look at logs"
      That is the same answer we got when one of us was reporting a "casher"
      After about 2-3 weeks we got as an answer "this is not enough proof" so it seems like Ancient didnt even have the time to looks a those pictures (not even speaking about the logs)

It's really unfortunate that there is only one person capable of this kind of stuff as it is clearly too much work and a lot of player seem to be suffering from that
      I need to spamm for warlord forum that's why Im doing it pls no delete no bann

ez warlord
    • Hello, sorry to see you go away but we're not gods. It's not always easy nor possible to solve those situation, plus we have a rule for that. This was a special case and we tried to recover most of the stuff but we couldn't. Other than that also some time ago our CM Swiper posted this:

Security advice / how to protect your account

Since you say It's the second time that this happened to you, can I ask you if you changed your password and enabled your secure code (a completely new one or similar to your password?)? Because if you did but this guy got access again I'll investigate further.
    • AlbertoCoderIT wrote:

Hello, sorry to see you go away but we're not gods. It's not always easy nor possible to solve those situation, plus we have a rule for that. This was a special case and we tried to recover most of the stuff but we couldn't. Other than that also some time ago our CM Swiper posted this:

Security advice / how to protect your account

Since you say It's the second time that this happened to you, can I ask you if you changed your password and enabled your secure code (a completely new one or similar to your password?)? Because if you did but this guy got access again I'll investigate further.
      So if he did change his password you'll investigate further but if he didn't you won't? See? That's the problem you just won't investigate further. As I said I came back after a year and I haven' t even played any other private server and I had the security code and he robbed me anyway but I get it you have 25gb of logs daily and you banned the robber but you could not recover any items. That makes sense. ;)
    • Wait you're twisting my words :) other private servers got recently their db leaked with clear passwords (we crypt them). For that we made that forum thread i linked before. If we tell people to activate the secure codes and to change passwords there must be a reason don't you think? :) But we can't force them to do so if they don't want.
      Since apparently my words got twisted by your message I'll explain in an easier way:
      If the guy changed his password and used a completely new one that he never used before and a secure code different from the password itself, then this guy that is entering that account got his new data in some way using a bug or some kind of exploit.
      Now did I express myself clearly enough? Or you still think I am the bad boy here that doesn't care about this? :)
    • @AlbertoCoderIT Damn is that hard to set 2 - step verification especially when you're logging on your account from the different ip and hardware ip.That should be like 6-7 digit non alpha numeric code which will be send automatically on your E-mail while attempt to log in on account.I've saw it once on different server from in completely different game and it is called "Sentry Code" Actualy that might be even better than secure code in game.

Youtube channel -> Here | Fearu :rolleyes: :thumbup: <3
    • AlbertoCoderIT wrote:

Hello, the first one happened on a whole other account. I do not want to go into details, but I have lent only my main equip to one of my real-life friends for a few weeks (I was not playing at that time). However his account had somehow got accessed by another person who stole all of my/his items. He had written a ticket, but the items were never restored obviously. The items contained 23 pvps, so it was a big deal for us at the time :)

Anyways guys, this is not a topic about stealing items, so I would like you to avoid that. We can make another thread about that later.
      Thanks
    • Fearu wrote:

@AlbertoCoderIT Damn is that hard to set 2 - step verification especially when you're logging on your account from the different ip and hardware ip.That should be like 6-7 digit non alpha numeric code which will be send automatically on your E-mail while attempt to log in on account.I've saw it once on different server from in completely different game and it is called "Sentry Code" Actualy that might be even better than secure code in game.
      we are already working on a pc verification system :)

Unforgivable wrote:

AlbertoCoderIT wrote:

Hello, the first one happened on a whole other account. I do not want to go into details, but I have lent only my main equip to one of my real-life friends for a few weeks (I was not playing at that time). However his account had somehow got accessed by another person who stole all of my/his items. He had written a ticket, but the items were never restored obviously. The items contained 23 pvps, so it was a big deal for us at the time :)
      Anyways guys, this is not a topic about stealing items, so I would like you to avoid that. We can make another thread about that later.
      Thanks
      If you want write me a PM and please answer the questions I asked you earlier (via PM) :)