Auctioneer - Items exceeding time not refunded

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Auctioneer - Items exceeding time not refunded

Greetings, team!

I don't know if the bug is already known, but items that exceed the stated time (mostly 48h) still remain in the auctioneer instead of being refunded to the user selling them via a letter AND they are still purchaseable.

I think this bug came up with the patch 1.7.5. Below you see a screen illustrating the issue. Almost half of the auctioneer is filled up with actually expired items.

Kind regards,
    Krypton

Der Kluge ärgert sich über die Dummheiten, der Weise belächelt sie.
    - Curt Goetz (1888-1960)

Alle Menschen werden als Unikat geboren, doch die meisten sterben als Kopie.
    - Kaspar Schmidt (1806-1856)

Wir denken selten an das, was wir haben, aber immer an das, was uns fehlt.
    - Arthur Schopenhauer (1788 - 1860)

True Story Bro.
  • Hello L2PxD,

I didn't say it's a bad thing, I simply mentioned the bug - ultimately that's the purpose of this thread-section.

Obviously everyone has another opinion regarding your statement and I personally would dislike the idea of providing a feature which enables you to offer your items in the auctioneer permanently.

The auctioneer shall not be an instance to which you commit your items with the notion "Let's keep them in there for an slightly overpriced value for the next few months, currently I don't need the gold anyway and someone may purchase them until then. Meanwhile I'll go on a trip to Hawaii."

People would get rewarded too much for little effort (by simply paying a fee of 5% in case of a successful sale to the auctioneer). That could potentially take away the marketing-spirit completely, with players not selling anything privately anymore and negotiations becoming rarer. Furthermore the active player count may possibly go down too for a small percental value as the auctioneer does not require you to be online to sell your stuff.

4Story/4Ancient is designed to be a highly interactive game and that's what I always liked about it. The marketing-part obviously is a factor that strongly influences this interaction. For me - as an ingame-merchant - it has always been fun to trade and negotiate with people on a personal basis.

Although there are people who may not have enough time to trade efficiently and thus the auctioneer is a very good alternative. It does not only help you sell items passively but also provides you global reach to all players (Derion/Valorian) with you being able to find the desired items easier and faster. Thus I would not have a problem if the maximum storage-duration was increased from 48h to 168h (1 week) - I am not the one deciding it, though.

However, being able to store items permanently is way too exaggerated in my opinion. Like in real-life, the inflation on the market changes constantly and the stored items in the auctioneer shall represent the current market's state. Providing an option to offer your items permanently, we wouldn't be able to distinguish what items represents the current average value and which not after some time - even with the help of a timestamp. I think in such a case the auctioneer's content may become a simple mess .

As already stated, this only represents MY personal opinion.

Kind regards,
    Krypton

Der Kluge ärgert sich über die Dummheiten, der Weise belächelt sie.
    - Curt Goetz (1888-1960)

Alle Menschen werden als Unikat geboren, doch die meisten sterben als Kopie.
    - Kaspar Schmidt (1806-1856)

Wir denken selten an das, was wir haben, aber immer an das, was uns fehlt.
    - Arthur Schopenhauer (1788 - 1860)

True Story Bro.